Thursday, March 27, 2008

Little things

Yesterday Kaitlin was playing in the bathroom sink with soap. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm giving the penguins (meaning her hands) a bath." She used to do this a lot and I had forgotten, but she hadn't.

Carmen was watching a show and one of the characters got dirty in the garden, she turned around and said (wrinkling her nose), "That's 'gusting (disgusting)!" SO cute and funny.

Kaitlin also pretended she was babysitting Carmen and really took care of her, including a wet diaper and dressing her. (It didn't match, quite, but I left her in that outfit all day, until bath time--I should have taken a picture).

They really enjoyed playing outside on the swing set/fort for quite awhile. I enjoyed talking to the neighbor while they did so. Spring keeps almost getting here and then going away a few days. I guess that's normal for March, but it seems Winter was long and keeps hanging on this year.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

I feel that way about winter/spring this year too. It always brings me some sense of nostalgia that warms my heart when Evan does something he used to do and I'd thought he'd forgotten forever. He was using some sign language the other day and I was so surprised. I wanted him to keep doing it, to live in that moment for a little while longer, but alas, he wanted to move forward. Sometimes it's hard to let go for me. Is Kaitlin feeling better?

Beckie said...

So cute. I love the penguins~that girls is precious.

playlist


Surprise!

Surprise!
Kaitlin and Archie came home with this surprise from the grocery store. Kaitlin REALLY wanted to give them to me. She is very sweet and thoughtful like that (and so is Archie to take her with him and let her do this). Tulips remind me of Seattle a lot. Every spring about two hours north of Seattle, there is a tulip festival we liked to see.

Twinners

Twinners
Did you two dress in the same colors on purpose?

Look Who Has Visited

Slideshow

Charming!

Charming!
This is Kaitlin (6 years old)

Isn't she precious

Isn't she precious
This is Carmen (2 years old)

Girls are great!

Girls are great!
Kaitlin holding Carmen as a baby


Kaitlin at age 4

Kaitlin at age 4
Sweet and cute, huh?