Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Musings

Well, today I started this blog and now I keep thinking about what I left out. I said I was spiritual but I am also a scientist at heart. One other thing...I collect pens, especially nice ones. Maybe I'll take a picture of my most interesting ones, like the one with a llama on it made from leather and from Peru. Most of them are just ones that I like the feel of them when I write with them. That was my biggest reason not to start this blog. I wanted to continue writing in my journal with my pens.

Now, more about my family. Archie is smart and reasonable (in a spat) and a constant gatherer of information. He reads constantly, mostly about society, politics, science, etc., etc., etc. You get the picture--about everything.

Kaitlin is miss expression. She is a prolific artist and very social. She says she is shy when she meets new people. Ha! That's a good one. She is constantly creating--writing stories, drawing, making up games, etc. Lately, she has a webkinz and it is like family. So, is her "Mimzy"--her rabbit stuffed animal she adopted after seeing the movie "The Last Mimzy." I am not sure why she identified with this movie so much. She reads very well and is a smart, beautiful little girl. I am NOT biased. Hehe.

Carmen is two. That explains a lot. She is an explorer and into everything and short tempered and cute and cuddly and sweet. All the "above". Her latest things to say are "Can you help us mommy?" (she means "me" not "us") and "okay mommy, let's do it!" in her cute little voice.

4 comments:

Beckie said...

I love it! Kaitlyn is beautiful I dont think you are biased, just honest. Carmen is precious. You are one lucky mom!

When I get to Utah I am going to send you a Utah pen and you better write with it all the time.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great! I just love it, and I would love to see your pens someday:)

Heidi A said...

Rayette,
I'm so glad you've started a blog. Thanks for sharing! (I found it through the Cleggs' blog.)

Barbies Blog said...

Hey another friend who is a blogger! I was thrilled to see that you started one! You shouldn't be so modest, your girls are really Cute!

playlist


Surprise!

Surprise!
Kaitlin and Archie came home with this surprise from the grocery store. Kaitlin REALLY wanted to give them to me. She is very sweet and thoughtful like that (and so is Archie to take her with him and let her do this). Tulips remind me of Seattle a lot. Every spring about two hours north of Seattle, there is a tulip festival we liked to see.

Twinners

Twinners
Did you two dress in the same colors on purpose?

Look Who Has Visited

Slideshow

Charming!

Charming!
This is Kaitlin (6 years old)

Isn't she precious

Isn't she precious
This is Carmen (2 years old)

Girls are great!

Girls are great!
Kaitlin holding Carmen as a baby


Kaitlin at age 4

Kaitlin at age 4
Sweet and cute, huh?