Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Introduction of Rayette

I am the wife of Archie and the mother of two beautiful girls, Kaitlin and Carmen. They are my life. I am a "stay-at-home-mom" - NOT a housewife because I am a great mom and wife but a terrible "HOUSEWIFE". I am not great at the whole "house" thing. I can't decorate my house well. I can't seem to keep it as uncluttered as others seem to be able to do (I am clean but have problems with papers!). I cannot "handle papers once" as I have heard a couple of friends say. I seem to handle them about three times before they are thrown out, recycled or filed. However, as strange as this may seem. I am finally okay with this. I was into outdoor things growing up and never got the hang of being at home much. I was a rock climber, horse rider, volleyball player, book reader, backpacker (the more remote the woods, the better). I loved the outdoors, whether with friends or by myself. I am deeply spiritual and found myself feeling close to God outside. I lived all over the USA growing up and loved Seattle a LOT. I loved it because it was like living outdoors and because there were so many things to do outside that were "me". I live in Nebraska now and the weather is very trying because I cannot go outside as much (too cold in the winter and too hot in the middle of summer).

I just finished going through cancer and a few years ago had to go through something much worse--my daughter having retinoblastoma (cancer of the eye) at the age of 3. This was the most trying period of my life. I was confused and angry but trying to be a good mom. I still worry about Kaitlin a lot. I am a true worrier (inherited honestly from my mom). I now feel more blessed, though, than I have been for a long time and am more at peace with myself and my life and my GOD.

The former statement is because at the beginning of this year, I thought I had cancer again (thanks to a medical professional mistake) and it was a horrible and wonderful experience. Horrible because I started thinking about how my family would be without me (if the higher intensity chemo didn't work)-having a 6 year old and a 2 year old and leaving them to my husband. It was wonderful because I had some great spiritual moments and learned a lot about Heavenly Father and Jesus and my relationship with them. If the cancer had been back so soon, it would not have been good.

Well, that's pretty much me right now. I am now trying to get my life back in order and trying to find ways to contribute to society as well as help other people now that I do not need to be the recipient of so much service myself.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I am so glad you have a blog now! It will be fun to keep in touch this way. Welcome to the blogashpere...

Mama Mia said...

Yeah Rayette! You started a blog!!! Welcome to the blogsphere!

playlist


Surprise!

Surprise!
Kaitlin and Archie came home with this surprise from the grocery store. Kaitlin REALLY wanted to give them to me. She is very sweet and thoughtful like that (and so is Archie to take her with him and let her do this). Tulips remind me of Seattle a lot. Every spring about two hours north of Seattle, there is a tulip festival we liked to see.

Twinners

Twinners
Did you two dress in the same colors on purpose?

Look Who Has Visited

Slideshow

Charming!

Charming!
This is Kaitlin (6 years old)

Isn't she precious

Isn't she precious
This is Carmen (2 years old)

Girls are great!

Girls are great!
Kaitlin holding Carmen as a baby


Kaitlin at age 4

Kaitlin at age 4
Sweet and cute, huh?