Monday, February 25, 2008

Kids say the cutest things

Today I was at a friends house and Carmen came up and said, "I hurt my back." I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Can you kiss it better." I said yes and picked her up and kissed her back about three times. She said, "It better now, thank you, mommy." SOOOO cute. Then she ran off to play. Beckie said she was so adorable and it kept getting cuter by the minute.

One time a my sister Pix told me that her daughter used to call fingers, "thingers". She never worried because this was the only word she used differently. Then one day she was reading and said, "Mom, do you know they spell thingers - fingers?" Pix said, "Isn't that interesting?" and never corrected her. I think that's funny. Kaitlin had a similar experience because she called towels -- tabbels for a long time. I thought it was cute. One day she was reading (she reads well for a Kindergartener) and read the word towels twice, the second time very slowly. She has been saying it correctly ever since. Mom (me) is actually somewhat sad about that. It means she is growing up. Oh, well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

David used to call fingers thingers too!

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

I was just thinking about blogging the cute things my kiddos say that I never want to forget:

Skooshy Skooshy - Vivi calls her bottom this (and usually shakes her bottom at you while she is saying it).

Last Day - Vivi's way of saying yesterday.

Last Year - same as above

Cheated You - the kids compete to finish meals, etc. the winner always says "I cheated you"

I have no idea where any of these came from but they are so stinken cute!

Ryan said...

Isabelle our second to youngest says this cute little phrase. "I need some helk, mommy!"

Barbies Blog said...

Too Cute! I had to laugh!

playlist


Surprise!

Surprise!
Kaitlin and Archie came home with this surprise from the grocery store. Kaitlin REALLY wanted to give them to me. She is very sweet and thoughtful like that (and so is Archie to take her with him and let her do this). Tulips remind me of Seattle a lot. Every spring about two hours north of Seattle, there is a tulip festival we liked to see.

Twinners

Twinners
Did you two dress in the same colors on purpose?

Look Who Has Visited

Slideshow

Charming!

Charming!
This is Kaitlin (6 years old)

Isn't she precious

Isn't she precious
This is Carmen (2 years old)

Girls are great!

Girls are great!
Kaitlin holding Carmen as a baby


Kaitlin at age 4

Kaitlin at age 4
Sweet and cute, huh?