Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I got cards from Kaitlin and Carmen for Mother's day. Daddy said he had Carmen sign hers and she said the signature was a "rain drop".

Kaitlin made me a book at school. She had three pictures in it of herself wearing the same shirt. I wonder what made her think of having all three drawings wear the same shirt. Interesting, huh? She kept doing things for me for Mother's Day -- i.e. rubbing my shoulders, making pictures for me, etc. What a sweetie!

Archie got me some roses. Half of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House. We stayed there in Philadelphia when Kaitlin had her cancer so it means something to us. He was very excited. It was endearing. He also cooked us crab legs for dinner and planned the whole thing the day before. I know, I know, he's a keeper!
So, it was a great Mother's Day. I missed the children singing at church because both Kaitlin and Carmen were sick, however, Kaitlin sang me the songs by herself and I cried. It warmed my heart. I wish I had recorded it.

5 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Love the cover of the book! Looks like you had a great day...loved you comment in RS today! tee hee hee!

Heather said...

Beautiful flowers!!!

Bekah said...

What a creative little girl you have! Sounds like a wonderful mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

We missed you at the park... but it looks like your day was just great!
Happy Mothers Day!

Beckie said...

Looks like a wonderful day. I wish I had been there to share the crab legs!

playlist


Surprise!

Surprise!
Kaitlin and Archie came home with this surprise from the grocery store. Kaitlin REALLY wanted to give them to me. She is very sweet and thoughtful like that (and so is Archie to take her with him and let her do this). Tulips remind me of Seattle a lot. Every spring about two hours north of Seattle, there is a tulip festival we liked to see.

Twinners

Twinners
Did you two dress in the same colors on purpose?

Look Who Has Visited

Slideshow

Charming!

Charming!
This is Kaitlin (6 years old)

Isn't she precious

Isn't she precious
This is Carmen (2 years old)

Girls are great!

Girls are great!
Kaitlin holding Carmen as a baby


Kaitlin at age 4

Kaitlin at age 4
Sweet and cute, huh?